Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Roses


I am a sucker for fragrant tea roses and add a new bush to the yard each year. These (in pic above) are from our garden. I stick my face right in them every day. June is the best month for the roses here; they receive the best amount of rain and sun, and the Japanese beetles have not yet emerged to chew them up.

Also in the garden are cluster roses (that's what I call them; I don't know their proper name); they emerge as a ready-made bouquet:


I mean: really. Put your face right in there.  Nice, mm?

Do you have a favorite flower?

9 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful. I can smell them from here. Did you have an electrical storm last night? We were blasted from 1:15 'til dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori: We did--but I slept through most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange or yellow miniature roses are my favorite flower! Yesterday was my 3 year anniversary, and my husband came home from work with a dozen for me. They're opening up so beautifully! I always stop and bury my nose in them when I walk by. I can't help it because they smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've mentioned many times, the Iris, in all its colors, for me is the tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses Sharon, they are without doubt my favourite flower, the orange and yellow variety always seem to have a stronger smell I think.I would love to put my face in those gorgeous pink roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peonies.

    Daffodills.

    And great to see pictures of flowers and appreciative words about them: thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, yes, I do. My all-time favorite is the nasturtium, followed by the iris and the peony and of course sunflowers and then wisteria but also bluebonnets and daffodils, and did I mention roses too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee, tea or roses? Sure are pretty!

    I'll be taking a blogging break for awhile. Need a rest!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fields of scattered wild flowers.

    ReplyDelete