Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Blue Kayak


One of my most favorite places to be: in my blue kayak on the lake. I've had this kayak for over twenty years. It's a sit-on-top kayak, perfect for these hot days, when you can dangle your legs over the side.


My husband has his own kayak.  We like to explore coves and creep up close to fallen tree trunks.  Ducks and chipmunks scurry in and out, birds swoop through the branches above.


The quiet of a kayak skimming through the water - so serene, so peaceful, so restorative.

Have you been in a kayak? 

12 comments:

  1. does anything ever nibble on your toes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in a kayak. Have you ever been in a bass boat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to kayak. Don't have one tho....use our friends. Peaceful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that photo of your kayak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The use of kayaks is becoming more popular on our local river. My son is itching to get one....as is his dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A kayak, I never had this opportunity , this great adventure, but I would love to try it someday!
    Wonderful set of images, wonderful blue kayak!
    Hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a lure in this photo. I longing to be there with you just skimming away the heat. btw That blue makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been in one. My husband and I are thinking of getting a rowboat, though. I love being on the water, so as long as we have some sort of boat, I'll be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My adventures in kayaking did not go smoothly, but I'm game to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the many blues in the image, Sharon, and your positioning of the kayak in the photo is perfect. My favorite kayak experience was with my husband in the sea caves of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.

    ReplyDelete