Friday, January 21, 2011

Change of Perspective


I've been immersed in the land of snow since November, but am now in North Carolina for a few months. It's a shock each year to leave that white, frigid landscape and emerge in a place where the grass is still green and the sun shines more often and you don't need boots and hats and gloves to venture outdoors.

It's a healthy change of perspective. Awakens the senses. I'll be revising the current work-in-progress soon, and it's good to go into that fresh and alert.

The above photo is not from North Carolina, however. It's from Thorpe, Surrey, England.  When we lived there, I used to walk here in order to refresh my brain.

Another favorite spot on that walk is this fence (below). I don't know why I like it so, but I think it wants a story of its own.

Some day.


Bye-bye for now. Going for a walk.

9 comments:

  1. Let's hope the snow does not follow you. I'm jealous...enjoy and take some pictures. Do you have a place down there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look out for your book about that fence someday. I'm sure it'll be a good one. Perhaps I'll get to meet someone like Sal again. Oooo! Or Phoebe! Oh, how I love Phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cold toes and red nose and numb fingers ache for your green grass and hatless adventuring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. grrrrrrrrrr and brrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Going for a walk in my mind....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've enjoyed your books, and am happy to find your blog.

    I think I need a trip to the beach - one of my favorite, refreshing places.

    Have a great weekend and enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, it does snow in North Carolina...you needed to come further south, although it's very cold again here this morning...but no snow!

    Beautiful shots of the English countryside. I'd want to sit out there and let my mind go to sleep, so I'd get nothing done if I was trying to write! :-)

    Glad you're getting a break though and the snow probably won't last too long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon! Thank you for commenting on my blog! I had to come over here and check whether you were THE Sharon Creech who was the most popular author in my fourth grade classroom. We all loved your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fresh perspective sounds amazing! Sorry about the NC snow.

    Thank you for the beautiful photos. I agree about the fence, it has character.

    ReplyDelete