Saturday, July 26, 2014

Very Maine-y Day


(Click to enlarge all photos)

Today a visit
to a very Maine-y beach
on a midcoast bay.

Didn't get close-ups 
of enormous smooth boulders
but they're there
at the base of the pines.

You can clamber over them
and hang your legs
over the sides
and 
let the cold ocean water
splash
up around your ankles.

Cropped out of the photo
on the right, above,
is another favorite
beach endeavor:



Husband is hunkering down
doing a crossword
right there
on the beach
in the sun
and the clean air.

xx

5 comments:

  1. Bathed in light and brushed with salty air. It is beauteous and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love deserted beaches..A bit of heaven.Just upside down.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17.Down
    team animal?
    I hate those clues with question marks. They always throw me off.
    There's something special about early morning beaches before the crowds hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds very inviting. I think I'd like to lie flat-out on the smooth boulders and mold myself to/around them. The warmth of the sun should help the process along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. boy oh boy, i sure like that word hunker.

    ReplyDelete